Hello there! 

It has been a long time since I didn't write content yoo. I'm not busy, I'm just stressed out haha. One and only reason is IELTS. I want to share my experience when I'm studying IELTS. 

You know what? I felt sick when I heard that word. I-E-L-T-S. So, what type of story that I need to share? in period? or any plot? As long as I like yooo!

First things first, I am fond of the English language. In primary school, I joined the English Club. That was so fun with Miss Yanti and I still remember her name. The program of the club was so amazing,  I felt blown away! and then in middle school and high school, I learn more about English through movies and songs. I barely watched Indonesian movies than Western movies, besides the content, I enjoyed watching with English voices and subtitles. Then, college time comes. I'm going to study abroad in US or UK at the time, especially at Oxford or Boston University, but I realize that I'm so bad in English, TOEFL, and many more skills to reach that. Furthermore, my family had an economic crisis when I'm going to college. So, there is no way to reach my aim for that. Interestingly, I college at one of the national universities in Indonesia. In spite of that, I'm still studying hard to continue my study for aboard. 

Come to the hardest time until now. The main point of studying aboard is the IELTS exam. 

such a mind-blowing at the time. 

Moreover, I had a job after graduate makes me have no time to study. Once and twice I attended seminars about IELTS, what type of this exam? how much time to study? what course should I take? how to take the exam? how much is the price of the exam? what are the tips to reach a good score of it?

While I worked, I took an online course about the preparation for IELTS. I guess, that was cheap, it cost 299k per month with 1 hour per day, every weekday. I had no concentration because I was tired after work. Then, my parents and I discussed my aim to continue my study aboard. They support me well and they direct me to resign from my job and start focusing to study IELTS. After that, I have gotten the simulation test for the first time from that online course, the result is 5.5 overall and each band (September 2022). Then, I continued to another course which was cheaper than before, it cost 200k per month (October 2022). Whereas I had a lot of free time in the morning until the evening before the course, I'm totally unemployed. My parents saw me so bad about my study, "it could not be good if my diurnal were like that".

Next, I tried to take an English course around my house where the place is quite popular in Bandung. the first time I register for the course, there was a placement test and luckily I had a basic level so I attended SPEAKING CLASS 2 (November 2022). I studied a lot of grammar, conversation, debate, and idioms with amazing tutors. However, I choose the wrong time. In the second month, I took an IELTS preparation class (January 2023) and I'm not ready yet for that class. It has not been able to follow the class, so my score was always bad. The tutors suggest that I should take an advanced class which class is SPEAKING CLASS 3. so I follow the lead to take the class (February 2023) with a discount so that I can take the IELTS preparation class again for free.  I learn a lot of materials and improved my English skill from that class since I got a nice grade for it. 

THEN HERE WE COME. IELTS PRESPARATION again...

that is my last month (March 2023) in that place, so sad actually. I cried a lot when farewell party. I'd be grateful that my favorite tutors Mr.Z, Miss.L, and Miss. Reading really taught me so well. I felt enjoyed at the time, and my score was nice too to reach my minimum aim score. I've got 7 on my speaking, 6 or 7 too on my writing, and the rest of it 5.0. This place really encourage me in writing and speaking, that was so good treatment. I also had supportive friends that always cheer each other on to study, Miss.S, Miss. Din, Miss, Osh, and many more luv luv <3

AND THE TIME COMES, THE REAL IELTS OFFICIAL TEST~~~

I felt confident about the time (May 2023) because my simulation test is proper to reach my goals. Sometimes, 6,0 or 6,5. So what's now?? long short story, I need to get IELTS UKVI for my requirements for the university. I book in Jakarta. Before that, the institution facilitate a real simulation at the Office of Bandung, I got it, and I reached 6,0 for each band except speaking. I'm so energetic as fresh as a daisy! 

I went to Jakarta by bus, by myself then settled in my brother's flat. A day after, in the morning, that is the time of my IELTS exam. I did it well from my perspective, but a little bit of trouble with the speaking session. 

THE RESULT COMES

surprised! The speaking session which I guess will be a bad score, turned into the highest score among the others. Actually, I failed, I've got 5,5. CRYYYYYYY the test is cost and arm and leg, then I failed!!

my mom was disappointed in me. I felt so guilty until now. why am I so confident to take an official test which is expensive. 

PELIPUR LARA ~

I make my own plan right now I will work as an employee in one company, while I take online courses of IELTS scoring to evolve my score. I applied to many companies, then what???

My parents directed me to continue my study to "kampung inggris pare", such supportive parents! thanks god. They provide me a great experience for a second chance. I'll be honored to take the chance, so here it is now. 

NEXT PAGE OF IELTS

When I arrived at Pare, East Java where the location of 'kampung inggris pare' I was totally afraid of many things. will I have new buddies? will I improve?

YES!!!!!!!!! I improved so well until now. especially in listening and reading, drilling like every week, every day, and every night with my new buddies makes me pretty well on IELTS. I hope that my score will increase time by time ~ ~ on the other hand, there is a mentor scholarship class, study club, and many more activities that I attend ti evolve myself. 

Thank you Bunda & Papa for giving me this opportunity, I put the four-letter word on mine that I will make you all proud. Bless me for the next official test😇



Topic 6: IELTS 

Odivaazzahra.